Don’t be such a prick & lighten up on the avocado already.
This poor guy gets a bad rap for having a higher fat content then most fruits (yes he’s a fruit), but it doesn’t mean we should just let him rot.
Just look at the avocado’s impressive resume:
- Vitamin C (necessary for normal grown & development)
- Vitamin K (without it our blood would not clot)
- Folate (promotes healthy cell and tissue development)
- Potassium (responsible for the proper function of cells, tissues, and organs)
- Thiamine (converts carbs to glucose to fuel the brain and nervous system)
- Riboflavin (helps the body release energy from proteins)
- Monounsaturated fats (which have been shown to help reduce cholesterol)
Because they are higher in fat & calories, just be sure to control your consumption. To keep things interesting, I like to replace the normal fats from my meals (tofu, tempeh, nuts, seeds, etc.) with an avocado from time to time.
Avocados are great on salads, sandwiches, & in wraps. They also have some great dessert recipes out there that use avocados too.
I LOVE AVOCADO, I stopped using margarine, I used a lil avo instead, it tastes better and its actually better for you…
I could eat avocados everyday, at every meal <3
So the avocado is a fruit… Then when people say they don’t count fruits and veggies does this mean they don’t count avocados!?! Cause I do… So am I wrong here?